Praying The Rosary
Praying The Rosary
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
The Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile show us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Remember, O gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to thee,
O Virgin of Virgins and my Mother;
to thee I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
The Joyful Mysteries (Monday & Saturday)
- The Annunciation: Humility
- The Visitation: Charity
- The Birth of Our Lord: Poverty, or detachment from the world
- The Presentation of Our Lord: Purity of heart, obedience
- The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple: Piety
The Sorrowful Mysteries (Tuesday & Friday)
- The Agony of Jesus in the Garden: Contrition for our sins
- The Scourging of Jesus at the Pillar: Mortification of our senses
- The Crowning of the Lord with Thorns: Interior mortification
- Jesus carrying his Cross: Patience under crosses
- The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord: That we may die to ourselves
The Glorious Mysteries (Wednesday & Sunday)
- The Resurrection: Conversion of heart
- The Ascension: A desire for heaven
- The descent of the Holy spirit: The Gifts of the Holy Ghost
- The Assumption of our Blessed Mother into Heaven: Devotion to Mary
- The Coronation of our Blessed Mother: Eternal happiness
The Luminous Mysteries (Thursday)
- The Baptism of our Lord in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration of the Lord
- The Institution of the Eucharist