- 1.Lenten season
We wish all of you a blessed Lenten season. Please note the following:
Instead of Rosary, there will be Way of the cross as follows
English : Daily – Morning 5 am and 6.15 AM on Monday to Thursday
Malayalam : Every Wednesday at 7.45pm in the Church
Konkani : Every Saturday at 6.30pm in Parish Hall
Tamil : Every Friday at 4.30 pm in Parish Hall
Tagalog : Every Sunday before the Mass
Legion of Mary : Every Monday after 7.00 pm Mass
- In his 2016 Lenten message, Pope Francis calls the faithful to place special emphasis on works of mercy this Lent, taking into account the current Jubilee Year of Mercy. The title of this year's message is: “I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,” and has the subtitle: “The works of mercy on the road of the Jubilee.”
- During this time we omit “Alleluia” and “Gloria”; please do not bring flowers to place on the Altar/ Sanctuary. Instead, you can make your love offering for the poor and needy.
- Fast & Abstinence is prescribed for Good Friday, for the age group 21 to 60. As a general rule, abstinence is prescribed every Wednesday in Lent, applicable to 14 years and above.
- My Lenten Sacrifice Envelope: Every family and individual is requested to take the “My Lenten Sacrifice for the poor and needy envelopes” which are available in the Church premises and Office
- Lenten Missions:
The schedule for Lenten missions in four languages is as follows:
Konkani --- From 14th to 18th February. Timings: 6.30pm to 9.30 pm.
Malayalam—From 6th to 11th March.
Tamil — From 26th Feb to 4th March.
English — for 8 days from 13th to 20th March.
In view of Lenten mission, all prayer meetings and other scheduled meetings remain cancelled from 6th to 20th March.
- Mass for the Sick on 14th Feb 2016
7 PM Mass on 14th Feb 2016 is specially being celebrated for the sick as part of the Parish initiative for the year of Mercy organised by St. Michael’s Youth Legion. Kindly register in the Parish office if you require transportation and wheel chair facilities..
- To the Attention of All the Coordinators and Leaders :
We hereby bring to your notice that the Govt. has given us the final warning to clear up all the materials stored in the Pump Rooms and Fire and Safety Zones. Hence we request all the Coordinators and various group Leaders to take away the things that belonging to their Communities or Groups. We have already placed some of them outside near Gents wash room. Please take them away at the earliest.
- Parish Office Closes on Every Tuesday
Parish Office will remain closed on every Tuesday as all the parish offices in Our Southern Vicariate remain closed on Tuesday.